Welcome to the world of Botteborg, where fun meets science!
By proceeding, you agree to take part in the disinformation experiment jointly conducted by the DROG platform (https://www.wijzijndrog.nl/ ) and TU Delft (contact person: Natalia Kadenko, N.I.Kadenko@tudelft.nl ). The experiment includes participation in the following activities:
- The Mastodon environment
- The webinars
- The surveys
Upon accessing the Mastodon environment, you will be granted a randomized username and picture.
During the experiment, the following aggregated anonymized data will be gathered and processed by TU Delft for scientific purposes:
- Your activity in the Mastodon environment (retoots, posts, likes, and all similar activities) – core of our research topic.
- Your responses to the survey – to validate, refine our findings.
The following data will be gathered and processed by the DROG platform:
- Your e-mail address for marketing purposes (you can always unsubscribe from the e-mails by using the link in the e-mail you receive – this is independent from the research activity).
- Your activity in the Mastodon environment (retoots, posts, likes, and all similar activities).
- Your responses to the survey.
All data will be collected and stored securely by the DROG platform.
You may opt out of participation at any moment and request that your data gets deleted.
We believe there are no known risks associated with this research study; however, as with any online related activity the risk of a breach is always possible. To the best of our ability your activity and survey answers in this study will remain confidential. We will minimize any risks by not collecting what we don’t need and by storing what we collect with the utmost caution.
The aggregated, anonymized data in the form of survey results and recording of Mastodon activity may be made publicly available if the resulting research gets published.
These terms and conditions may change. You may choose to stop your participation if you disagree